Also, large chunks of this thing are hugely copy-pasta'd from previous years, because I'm a lazy fucker. Not sorry.
I am, as always, the mod, so I already know who you are, etc. BUT I don't know what you're making me, so here's some guidelines to choose something fun to surprise me anyway ;D
I've still got a...um...SORT OF up-to-date complete list of fandoms & ships here: LJ / DW. BUT, for purposes of THIS exchange THIS year...
Hockey RPF: The ships I'm requesting this time around are Zucker/Kuemper and Parise/Suter (both of the Wild). (Sadly, nothing currently posted exists for Marco Scandella/Nick Bjugstad, or I would request the fuck out of that. God, I'm turning into a horrible hipster, bestliar is the WORST influence, fuck.) Because you're probably not familiar with the former, here is the two-line primer: Adorable giant baby goalie. Tiny douchey Jewish American winger. Height difference. And hugs. They were the two members of the bb Wild who bounced between the AHL & NHL last year, so there's narrative there. There are six fics for them (although really it's five because mardia is a terrible person who likes to make me cry). HEY IF YOU PODFIC THE WILD, THEY HAVE AUDIO FILES OF ALL OF THE PLAYERS PRONOUNCING THEIR NAMES!!! (Except Kuemper, and Harding, for some reason, but you can hear how Darcy's name is said + how he talks here.)
(OF NOTE: other Wild ships I enjoy include Nino/Granlund and Coyle/Brodin. Zucker/Kuemper/Coyle = ok, Zucker/Coyle straight-up = NOT OK, ZUCK+CHUCK PLATONIC BFFs 4 LYFE!!!! I also like Coyle/Jonathan Huberdeau and Brodin/Sasha Barkov, but those fall in the same category as Scandella/Bjugstad, sadly.)
Baseball RPF: Minnesota Twins, Mauer/Morneau—this is my sad tragic sports RPF forever OTP which like literally no one online cares about but me and like 4 local fangirls who indulgently let me scream at them about this, BUT this article is literally a primer of everything you need to know about them, and there is pretty much one single quality fic for them of any substance and it's this.
DCU: Tim/Kon. Ohhhhh, Tim/Kon. I HAVE RECENTLY HAD A RENAISSANCE OF FEELINGS ABOUT THEM AND SUDDENLY I NEED ALL OF THE TIM/KON PODFIC LIKE BURNING AND THERE IS ALMOST NONE :(((((((( Seriously, give me (pre-New 52 reboot, preferably not oppressively angsty) Tim/Kon podfic and I will love you forever.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Interested in Peralta/Santiago here. I am such a sucker for slap-slap-kiss uptight lady/douchey guy couples, MOAR PODFIC FOR THEM PLZ, there is so much good fic!!! (I mean, needs moar hot banging and PORNY FIC in general, because seriously, but I'm pretty into a lot of the stuff that's out there already.)
Life With Derek: Yeah, that thing, I said above, about that couple type I'm a sucker for? Add some stepcest—a bulletproof kink for me—and, well. I WILL SHIP DEREK/CASEY TO THE END OF TIME, PUT IT ON MY FUCKIN TOMBSTONE. I am the only person who has made podfic in this fandom, and I've only made 3, and 2 of those were specifically written for me to podfic, so there's a HUGE amount of untapped potential in Good Fics That You Can Podfic here. (Don't forget unoriginal-elizabeth over at the Pit of Voles, who actually has some of the best LWD fic out there, and hasn't xposted most of it to AO3.)
A thing you should know: I AM RIDICULOUSLY OTP-ISH. I am not very likely to like something if it's not about one of my OTPs, because I suck like that. I'm really easy about rating--G to REALLY REALLLLLY PORNY is fine (although I usually prefer *some* plot :P), as long as it's *shippy*. Please note that this means that gen is not usually something I read, and even more rarely something I love. I'm not generally interested in OT3s or moresomes unless they're specifically indicated as A Thing I Ship.
Beyond all that, some things I like in general ("Green Light"):
- AUs of all kinds--high school/college, coffee shop, meta (characters participate in fandom), (insert-profession-here), etc. (less crazy about the vampire/werewolf/zombie/etc. type, although there are exceptions obvs)
- fusions--the Nine-Nine goes to Hogwarts! The bb Wild operate an illegal salvage ship in the Firefly/Serenity universe! EVERYONE HAS DAEMONS! (oh my god I LOVE DAEMON FIC) Anything like that!
- recasts--You've Got Mail with Derek Venturi and Casey MacDonald! One Fine Day featuring Zach Parise and Ryan Suter! etc.
- genderswap, especially always-a-girl but also turned-into-a-girl
- incest, also stepcest (siblings only, NO cross-generational, but MAN AM I INTO SIBLING INCEST) ((especially twincest)) (((this is a surprise to like literally no one who follows me on twitter)))
- domesticity/curtain fic
- accidental marriage/"woke up married"
- don't realize they're dating
- pretending to be dating or married
- coming out/getting outed
- outside POV of OTP's relationship
- bickering, competitiveness, possessiveness, jealousy (but not in an emotionally manipulative or abusive way)
- BASICALLY CUTE FLUFFY THINGS
Some things that are iffy for me/potential squicks ("Yellow Light"):
- as previously stated, gen--it CAN be fine, but it's not really what I'm here for, so it's probably better to avoid it
- large (5+ years) age gaps--none of the ships I've listed have this, but I'd really really prefer if you didn't pick something that created an artificial age gap where there wasn't one previously (NOTE that this is BORDERLINE trigger DEPENDING ON HOW IT'S HANDLED and may belong below, but it's not "hard-and-fast", so. It's SUPER SUPER dependent on the dynamics and if it doesn't "feel right" I fail out REALLY FAST.)
- non-happy endings--I am totally fine with angst or h/c etc., even a lot of it! But ONLY IF A HAPPY ENDING IS INVOLVED OK
- character death--this is SUPER IFFY and dependent upon who dies, really, but if it's anyone I listed in my ship list, it's a no-go; death of OCs or minor canon characters generally ok though
- BDSM or D/s themes--I'm REALLY REALLY picky about this and when it doesn't work for me it is squicky, so PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION, BEST TO AVOID
- semi-related to the above, but I'm generally really not into power differential stuff--this shouldn't generally be an issue for the above ships, but I feel I should mention it anyway
- dub-con & non-con--not specifically triggery for me, but nearly never something I actively enjoy in fic; if it's something that's there FOR A GOOD REASON then ok, but I don't generally like it
- apocalypse/dystopia fic--really not my thing, I just don't like the idea of the whole world being destroyed (this SORT OF goes along with "non-happy endings", because this is a non-happy ending for the SETTING)
Absolute, hard-and-fast triggers ("Red Light"):
- animal death/harm
- severe arachnophobia--mentions of a spider on the wall = ok, graphic description of a tarantula crawling up someone's arm = not ok
- significant religious themes and/or religious proselytizing--note that this one is very specific and also THE ONE MOST LIKELY to set off a REALLY bad reaction in me, so it's best to avoid altogether, but if you have questions, refer to the people below
- survival/stuck in the wilderness
- I've left this off in previous years, but we've reached the point where it's necessary...Christmas. This one is. Uh. I realize the irony of RUNNING A GIFT EXCHANGE WITH REVEALS ON CHRISTMAS and then telling people "I don't want gifts that are Christmas-related," but, here we are. My relationship with Christmas is...complicated. In the bad way. If you make a gift for me that contains Happy Christmas Festivities, I'm sure I will very much enjoy it...in April. I just probably won't be able to listen to it before March or so, and that's kind of a bummer.
I know I've talked a lot about what I don't like but really, if it's a fun, happy story that YOU enjoy with one of the pairings listed above, I am almost surely going to be happy :D Lastly, if you have any questions, bestliar/bestliars can tell you pretty accurately whether I'll like something of the hockey variety. mardia/mardia/themardia should be able to tell you pretty definitively for Life With Derek, as well as religion trigger stuff. breakeveryclock just generally knows my taste. YAY AND THANK YOU \o/
Crossposted to Dreamwidth here. There are comments over there.