I'm still the mod, so I still already know who you are (or, don't yet, but. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) etc. etc. BUT let's pretend I don't, eh? ;)
I've still got a FAIRLY up-to-date complete list of fandoms & ships here: LJ / DW. BUT, for purposes of THIS exchange...
My current main fandom is Hockey RPF. I'm actually FAIRLY monofannish about this right now (in a way that sort of hurts my soul but I can't stop it >.>), and the ships I'm interested in receiving for that are Kane/Toews (Blackhawks) and Parise/Suter (Wild). (I will also HAPPILY accept Zucker/Kuemper (Wild) but I am 99.9% sure that this ship does not exist outside of my crazed twitter ramblings, gdocs that pineapplechild has not made public yet, chatfic I sent to pineapplechild while we were both at work and have yet to clean up, and a tumblrfic snippet that bestliars wrote for my birthday, so. XD)
In addition to that, here's some (mostly) more obscure, Yuletide-type fandoms (and also just a couple of "forever OTPs" for me) which I've also requested because I ALWAYS WANT MORE FANWORKS FOR THEM:
- Baseball RPF (Minnesota Twins, Mauer/Morneau)
- DCU (Tim/Kon)
- Figure Skating RPF (Johnny/Evan)
- Graceland (Mike/Johnny)
- How I Met Your Mother (Barney/Robin)
- Life With Derek (Derek/Casey)
- Ouran High School Host Club (Tamaki/Kyouya, Hikaru/Kaoru)
- The Sarah Jane Adventures (Clyde/Luke)
The rest is cribbed from my letter last year with very minor changes, because it all still holds true, and I am lazy XD:
Next thing you should know is that I AM RIDICULOUSLY OTP-ISH. I am not very likely to like something if it's not about one of my OTPs, because I suck like that. I'm really easy about rating--G to REALLY REALLLLLY PORNY is fine (although I usually prefer *some* plot *g*), as long as it's *shippy*. Please note that this means that gen is not usually something I read, and even more rarely something I love.
Beyond that, some things I like in general ("Green Light"):
- AUs, particularly of the "mundane" variety--high school/college, coffee shop, meta (characters participate in fandom), (insert-profession-here), etc. (less crazy about the vampire/werewolf/zombie/etc. type, although there are exceptions obvs)
- fusions--the SJA kids go to Hogwarts! The Graceland fam operates an illegal salvage ship in the Firefly/Serenity universe, but Mike is a mole for the Alliance, oh no! EVERYONE HAS DAEMONS! (oh my god I LOVE DAEMON FIC) Anything like that!
- recasts--10 Things I Hate About You, starring Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek! You've Got Mail with Derek Venturi and Casey MacDonald! One Fine Day featuring Zach Parise and Ryan Suter! etc.
- genderswap, especially always-a-girl but also turned-into-a-girl
- domesticity/curtain fic
- accidental marriage/"woke up married"
- don't realize they're dating
- pretending to be dating or married
- coming out/getting outed
- outside POV of OTP's relationship
- bickering, competitiveness, possessiveness, jealousy--these are all things that are probably going to apply to most fics for about 60% of the couples I listed, so XD
- BASICALLY CUTE FLUFFY THINGS
Some things that are iffy for me/potential squicks ("Yellow Light"):
- as previously stated, gen--it CAN be fine, but I'm a LOT pickier, so it's probably better to avoid it
- large (5+ years) age gaps--none of the ships I've listed have this, but I'd really really prefer if you didn't pick something that created an artificial age gap where there wasn't one previously (NOTE that this is BORDERLINE trigger DEPENDING ON HOW IT'S HANDLED and may belong below, but it's not "hard-and-fast", so. It's SUPER SUPER dependent on the dynamics and if it doesn't "feel right" I fail out REALLY FAST.)
- non-happy endings--I am totally fine with angst or h/c etc., even a lot of it! But ONLY IF A HAPPY ENDING IS INVOLVED OK
- character death--this is SUPER IFFY and dependent upon who dies, really, but if it's anyone I listed in my ship list, it's a no-go; death of OCs or minor canon characters generally ok though
- BDSM or D/s themes--when I like this stuff I REALLY like it, but I am, again, REALLY REALLY picky about this and when it doesn't work for me it is squicky, so PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION, BEST TO AVOID
- semi-related to the above, but I'm generally really not into power differential stuff--this shouldn't generally be an issue for the above ships, but I feel I should mention it anyway
- dub-con & non-con--not specifically triggery for me, but nearly never something I actively enjoy in fic; if it's something that's there FOR A GOOD REASON then ok, but I don't generally like it
- apocalypse fic--really not my thing, I just don't like the idea of the whole world being destroyed (this SORT OF goes along with "non-happy endings", because this is a non-happy ending for the SETTING)
Absolute, hard-and-fast triggers ("Red Light"):
- animal death/harm
- severe arachnophobia--mentions of a spider on the wall = ok, graphic description of a tarantula crawling up someone's arm = not ok
- significant religious themes and/or religious proselytizing--note that this one is very specific and also THE ONE MOST LIKELY to set off a REALLY bad reaction in me, so it's best to avoid altogether, but if you have questions, refer to the people below (srsly, ask mardia, SHE WILL KNOW)
- survival/stuck in the wilderness
I know I've talked a lot about what I don't like but really, if it's a fun, happy story that YOU enjoy with one of the pairings listed above, I am almost surely going to be happy :D Lastly, if you have any questions, I'm soulbonded to thisissirius/thisissirius/thisissirius and she's a pretty good bet for knowing whether or not I'll like a fic, particularly of the Kane/Toews variety. pineapplechild/madecunningly & mardia/mardia/themardia also know my tastes pretty damn well, if you need help. YAY AND THANK YOU \o/
Crossposted to Dreamwidth here. There are comments over there.