Ya'll know the drill by now. I run this thing, I'm boring and predictable, I copy/paste most of this every year, blah blah blah.
Obligatory: HI, I'M THE MOD, SO THIS IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL ASSIGNMENTS. I know who you are! You'll have super special submission instructions! BUT I don't know what you're making me, and I can't wait to hear it :)
Here are the fandoms I'm interested in receiving podfic of for this exchange this year (not in any order of preference):Baseball RPF:
Minnesota Twins, Mauer/Morneau—this is my sad tragic sports RPF forever OTP which like literally no one online cares about but me and like 4 local fangirls who indulgently let me scream at them about this, BUT this article
is literally a primer of everything you need to know about them, and there is pretty much one single quality fic for them of any substance and it's this
JAKE/AMY JAKE/AMY JAKE/AMY!!!!!!!!! I love them so much. Actually, I love them entire show so much, but Jake/Amy is the part that I'm interested in fannishly. There is totally a decent amount of good fic for them, and very little of it is podficced.Life With Derek:
THIS IS MY FOREVER SHIP, FUCK MY FUCKING LIFE, IT'S SO SAD, AND YET. I WILL SHIP DEREK/CASEY TO THE END OF TIME, I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL, PUT IT ON MY FUCKIN TOMBSTONE. All of the podfic for this fandom was made either by me or for me, and I've only made 3 (and 2 of those were specifically written for me to podfic) and been gifted 2, so there's a HUGE amount of untapped potential in Good Fics That You Can Podfic here.Billy & Billie:
Okay, so you know how Casey/Derek from Life With Derek is my Forever Ship? Billy & Billie is kind of like Derek and Casey All Grown Up. ...Actually it's more like someone reached into my motherfucking SOUL and pulled this TV show out of it. IT'S BEEN A YEAR, DOES FIC EXIST FOR THIS YET?!! (It doesn't. I have a google alert on this show. I have read every word on every forum of the entire internet that exists about this show. I have read the ENTIRETY OF THE IMDB MESSAGE BOARDS FOR THIS SHOW. These are the depths of my fishbowling desperation. But like. Just in case someone posts fic between now and whenever your drop-dead podficcing deadline is: I WANT IT. I NEED IT. PLEASE, OH MY GOD.)Pitch:
SPEAKING OF television shows that were PULLED OUT OF MY BRAIN...omg. I am so obsessed
with this show. It's my everything rn. It's like my entire fannish sports RPF history has been leading up to this. Ginny/Mike is my OTP—I have SO many feelings about both of them!!!! I have always had a weakness for catchers, it's a Thing, and especially
sarcastic assholes who secretly have a soft marshmallow center, and GINNY, omg bb, my presh girl who just wants to play baseball but has all this pressure and attention thrust upon her and...okay, right, I'll stop gushing, PRESUMABLY YOU ALREADY GO HERE and get all of this, so...yes. Yep. Ginny/Mike. Focus on either or both of them totally fine. I also love Blip and Evelyn, and find Amelia really intriguing (and would prefer not to see her villainized—not that she has been thus far that I've seen, but I'm just kind of preemptively anticipating, since the show's only aired 3 episodes so far and the fandom's just starting to take off). Star Wars:
"Oh!" you may be thinking, "hooray! Finally, a nice big, easy fandom to find something in!" I am so sorry to burst your bubble, friend. (Also, please prepare yourself for a goddamned essay; I'm sorry in advance.) My Star Wars wants are VERY SPECIFIC, and they don't really include any sequels/TFA stuff (other than a select few fics about Rey & Anakin's force ghost, and Kylo Ren/Rey stuff but ONLY IF they're related and it's ABOUT them being related, which...yeah I noped out of that side of the fandom in like a week and so far as I know no one actually wrote me the Jaina/Jacen surrogates fic I'm actually looking for). This is actually kind of a throwback fandom for me, because I was in prequels fandom in ~2002-2004 (and ended up branching out into EU stuff), and the rush of new excitement about Star Wars has brought alllllll of those feelings back. SO. Star Wars, for me, is about OT3s and weird space incest. My biggest Star Wars Feels are what the kids these days are calling "happy Skywalker family trash"—basically, yes-I-know-it's-ridiculous-but-WHAT-IF-A
ryone-was-happy. Or, because a picture is worth a thousand words, basically this fanart
. I'm also super here for Padme/Anakin/Obi-Wan, but note that, while I love how weird Anakin & Obi-Wan are about each other, Padme is who I'm here for, so I'm not especially interested in Anakin/Obi-Wan fic that has Padme tacked on. Similarly over on the original trilogy side, I'm mostly invested in both the guys' relationships with Leia. Han/Leia was actually one of my SUPER early most formative OTPs as a bb fangirl, but I feel like the EU Legends stuff kind of gave me what I wanted there, and while I'm super into the idea of Luke/Leia, it's more or less non-existent fic-wise. BUT—OT3, yes, def. SO, TO SUMMARIZE, because this is stupid long:
Anakin/Padme! Anakin/Padme/Obi-Wan! Han/Luke/Leia! Nothing too doom-and-gloomy (even though I realize that is slightly ludicrous with the prequel stuff, but fandom is my escapism)! Bonus for Anakin/Padme that has Luke & Leia! Oh, and also I LOVE Ahsoka, so bonus for anything that includes her! ...yeah okay, I THINK that's it XD
A thing you should know: I AM RIDICULOUSLY OTP-ISH
. I am not very likely to like something if it's not about one of my OTPs, because I suck like that. I'm really easy about rating--G to REALLY REALLLLLY PORNY is fine (although I usually prefer *some* plot :P), as long as it's *shippy*. Please note that this means that gen is not usually something I read, and even more rarely something I love.
I'm not generally interested in OT3s or moresomes unless they're specifically indicated as A Thing I Ship.Beyond all that, some things I like in general ("Green Light"):
Some things that are iffy for me/potential squicks ("Yellow Light"):
- AUs of all kinds--high school/college, coffee shop, meta (characters participate in fandom), (insert-profession-here), etc. (less crazy about the vampire/werewolf/zombie/etc. type, although there are exceptions obvs)
- fusions--the Nine-Nine goes to Hogwarts! The Padres in Pitch are Jedi! EVERYONE HAS DAEMONS! (oh my god I LOVE DAEMON FIC) Anything like that!
- recasts--You've Got Mail with Derek Venturi and Casey MacDonald! One Fine Day featuring Zach Parise and Ryan Suter! etc.
- genderswap, especially always-a-girl but also turned-into-a-girl
- incest, also stepcest (siblings only, NO cross-generational, but MAN AM I INTO SIBLING INCEST) ((especially twincest)) (((this is a surprise to like literally no one who follows me on twitter)))
- domesticity/curtain fic
- accidental marriage/"woke up married"
- don't realize they're dating
- pretending to be dating or married
- coming out/getting outed
- outside POV of OTP's relationship
- bickering, competitiveness, possessiveness, jealousy (but not in an emotionally manipulative or abusive way)
* I wanted to specifically address Ginny/Mike in Pitch, since they're my stated preferred ship and DO hit on the age gap/power differential stuff. Basically, as stated, age gap stuff is super dependent on dynamics for me, so with Pitch fic, I'd just prefer something that doesn't kink on/especially emphasize the age gap/power differential between them. However, it hasn't bothered me at all in the show yet, and I certainly don't mind if the age difference is like, MENTIONED or whatever, that's fine.Absolute, hard-and-fast triggers ("Red Light"):
- as previously stated, gen--it CAN be fine, but it's not really what I'm here for, so it's probably better to avoid it
- large (5+ years) age gaps--only one of the ships I've listed has this*, but I'd really really prefer if you didn't pick something that created an artificial age gap where there wasn't one previously (NOTE that this is BORDERLINE trigger DEPENDING ON HOW IT'S HANDLED and may belong below, but it's not "hard-and-fast", so. It's SUPER SUPER dependent on the dynamics and if it doesn't "feel right" I fail out REALLY FAST.)
- non-happy endings--I am totally fine with angst or h/c etc., even a lot of it! But ONLY IF A HAPPY ENDING IS INVOLVED OK
- character death--this is SUPER IFFY and dependent upon who dies, really, but if it's anyone I listed in my ship list, it's a no-go; death of OCs or minor canon characters generally ok though
- BDSM or D/s themes--I'm REALLY REALLY picky about this and when it doesn't work for me it is squicky, so PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION, BEST TO AVOID
- semi-related to the above, but I'm generally really not into power differential stuff--this shouldn't generally be an issue for the above ships, but I feel I should mention it anyway*
- dub-con & non-con--not specifically triggery for me, but nearly never something I actively enjoy in fic; if it's something that's there FOR A GOOD REASON then ok, but I don't generally like it
- apocalypse/dystopia fic--really not my thing, I just don't like the idea of the whole world being destroyed (this SORT OF goes along with "non-happy endings", because this is a non-happy ending for the SETTING)
- animal death/harm
- severe arachnophobia--mentions of a spider on the wall = ok, graphic description of a tarantula crawling up someone's arm = not ok
- significant religious themes and/or religious proselytizing--note that this one is very specific and also THE ONE MOST LIKELY to set off a REALLY bad reaction in me, so it's best to avoid altogether, but if you have questions, refer to the people below. (Also of note: my triggers here are tied back to stuff with Christianity; if a fic is about a Jewish character having thoughts on Judaism, a-ok! Islam, Paganism, etc. are probably all fine as long as it avoids proselytizing.)
- survival/stuck in the wilderness
- Christmas. This one is. Uh. I realize the irony of RUNNING A GIFT EXCHANGE WITH REVEALS ON CHRISTMAS and then telling people "I don't want gifts that are Christmas-related," but, here we are. My relationship with Christmas is...complicated. In the bad way. If you make a gift for me that contains Happy Christmas Festivities, I'm sure I will very much enjoy it...in April. I just probably won't be able to listen to it before March or so, and that's kind of a bummer.
I know I've talked a lot about what I don't like but really, if it's a fun, happy story that YOU enjoy with one of the pairings listed above, I am almost surely going to be happy :D Lastly, if you have any questions, mardia
is your go-to person on all fandoms listed except Star Wars (especially Pitch). queelez
understands my Star Wars feels, if you have any questions about that, run them past him. whyangiewhy
generally knows my taste for EVERYTHING and can tell you specifically on religion trigger stuff. If you have general questions, you can also feel free to run them through my co-mod vworpvworp
, and if she can't answer them she can properly redirect them. YAY AND THANK YOU \o/
Crossposted to Dreamwidth here
. There are
comments over there.